Sunday, March 6, 2011

Our First Day in Texas!

So we wake up in a hotel in Ft. Stockton, TX and prepare to continue our journey to San Antonio.  Keep in mind that I have already accepted the fact that the sunrise and sunset of Texas would not be the stellar thing of awe that it is in the desert.  That being said, THIS is what we began our first day as Texas residents with.






The sunrise and sunset are food for my soul, my 'down' time.  Even if it's only for a couple of minutes.  Having emotionally left the Arizona sunsets in my rearview mirror, you can imagine the smile this put on my face and in my heart.  Also, the pictures don't do it justice.  It was stunning.  Then, we came to what Isis calls 'Box Mountain' for obvious reasons.  We now call it Isis mountain. :-)





And the American flag.....because I had to.

Awesome brother taking care of his sister.

So we get to San Antonio, check in with the housing office, and get the keys to our new home.  I'm not sure if the kids are excited....what do you think?


 Carpet Angels






More Carpet Angels

This is what happens when you put desert kids in a happy place.  Snow Angels, Carpet Angels, it's all the same to them.  :-)


Our first family picture in our new home!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Crystal! I'm loving your blogs! And I love the carpet angels!!

    ReplyDelete